• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sua?

pair8hd

NAXJA Forum User
After rolling my Jeep, I want to cage it and lower it to keep a LCG. I still want to run 37's and plan on alot of cutting and welding to fit them with about 4.5-5 inches of lift. In the front I will just get short coils on the rear I was thing of going spring under so I could use the same leaf pack and shackle and help get rid of some axle wrap. Currently I have a set of SJ 7.5" leaf packs with a second leaf from a set of RE 4.5 packs and a 1.5" shackle.

Opinions?

Well, I wouldn't want to put the springs under for ground clearance issues firstly. Second, I'd want flatter springs so that they'd flex and ride better. I'm sure someone out there would love to buy your springs which would offset the cost of getting a few sets from the junkyard and doing a mix and match until you're happy.

you probabl get ~8" out of your spring now, SUA will redusce the lift by about 5", so you'd be around 3" lift. you'll be sitting on the bumpstops.

my opinion?? i think you gay!!!! :kissyou:

stoney

I think what Stoney is trying to say is that the best part of a springunder is you can get about 5" of lift almost for free when you switch to springover.

Why don't you try taking the RE leaf out of your packs and see where that puts you down to? Or maybe some of the SJ leaves?

Stoney said:
my opinion?? i think you gay!!!! :kissyou:

stoney
Very intelligent.
No thanks, I don't swing that way, go hunt for a date elsewhere.

I know SOA is not the best way to go, I have seen this set up work pretty good under YJs and even a TJ:
32.jpg

But now that I look at it, there is allot of ground clearance lost.

I do want to leave the RE leafs in to give the leaf packs some support, without them the SJ leafs would arch negatively allot of times.
Maybe I might use some Cheby leafs and build a traction bar.

Don't mind Stoney. He's hit the pipe once too often.

Spring under has it's place, namely desert racing. The positive arch allows for a lot of up travel with out sending the spings into negative arch territory.

But, in the rocks, you'll be hung on them all the time. It's one of the worst features of driving a stockish CJ/YJ.

CRASH

Why do you want to run 37's.....ground clearance?

Why would you want to try spring under and loose it?

If you're wanting to cut and trim to keep less lift with big tires, and improve performance, don't compromise with the rear springs.

Back