• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How big will it be this year?

ROKSURF

NAXJA Forum User
Just curious, I have finally got my grocery getter 6.5" higher (after 4 yrs) Hey, I'm slow, but I have been to Moab, about 2 dozen times or so. NAXJA- how many people are in attendance this year? I am really hoping my vacation gets approved and looking forward to Moab again. Oh, sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, Rick, alias ROKSURF ( Rock Surf). I have played in Montana, Michigan, South Dakota, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and now Arizona. I have had 3 Jeeps, a CJ-7 started me off, followed by a YJ, and when I realized XJs were the ticket, it seemed there was an explosion of them on the trails. Mine is not queit finnished, always a work in progress. Axles next to come. Anyhow, like the site, looking forward to meeting you all in Moab!

last year we had approximately 50 rigs. Don't know how many this year as we don't have a page of attendees as we had last year.

Tom

Sorry to resurrect this old post but I was just curious to know if there will be a page dedicated to showing who is planning to hit Moab in Oct? It has been nice the past few years knowing in advance who you might be wheeling with and quite frankly, I think it promotes the event better. How about we start a "sticky" thread where we can have all that are going in one place? Perhaps post their rig specs and where they are coming from? Is this plausible? Am I high? Am I the only one that thinks this way? Who am I?

There are a bunch of us who want this page and have made known our desire for one, but I've given up asking for it.

Tom

[quote:eda328331b="ACE"]Sorry to resurrect this old post but I was just curious to know if there will be a page dedicated to showing who is planning to hit Moab in Oct? It has been nice the past few years knowing in advance who you might be wheeling with and quite frankly, I think it promotes the event better. How about we start a "sticky" thread where we can have all that are going in one place? Perhaps post their rig specs and where they are coming from? Is this plausible? Am I high? Am I the only one that thinks this way? Who am I?[/quote:eda328331b]

This is a totally unrealistic request! It's not even plausible, are you stoned? You must be the only one who thinks that way....who are you anyway?

X

How many signed up?

I have 26 preregistrations as of 9-4-02. I also have verbal commitments for another 15 people who want T-shirts. We always get folks who don't prereg and don't get shirts so I'm going to guess that we will have another 15 to 20. That makes something in the neighborhood of over 50. That's a "WAG" however! I figured with the Colorado event we would be down this year. Looks like it will be even bigger than last year!

[quote:a8b156be30="Tom R."]There are a bunch of us who want this page and have made known our desire for one, but I've given up asking for it.

Tom[/quote:a8b156be30]

EVERYONE is busy. Can you or someone else who wants one figure out a way to make one? Or ask the webteam or event coordinator what you might be able to do to help get it done? Last year Matt was able to make one, we did not have one the year before that. This is a volunteer outfit, and if something is important to anyone to get done, please volunteer to help do it.

Richard G

XJEEPER

XJEEPER, Where exactly are you living now? I hope to make the trek to Moab this year. Shanna will be about 8 months pregnant so she will for sure not be going.

I'm gonna play devil's advocate here for a minute.

I *think* I understand what Tom R. is asking for, a count (or better yet, a list) of all entries for the event that is available online, and preferably updated in real time.

What makes an entry? Just filling out the form? I'd lobby against this, as I'd be willing to bet that we get more than a couple of folks who fill out the form, print it, then never send it it.

So, the registration chap has to get involved. At it's easiest, he/she updates a web page when they get the check. At it's most complicated (one way at least,) the reg guy gets an email with a confirmation number from the registration 'bot, which he replies to when the check comes. The 'bot updates the tables showing him confirmed. Also need a webform for manual updates and corrections.

The complicated solution COULD be pretty darn spiffy. It shouldn't be too hard on server resources as we're only talking about less than 10k of data per event, and a pretty small amount of activity. It could also be set up to dump the data for the Safety crew for the checklists ( hi Mike! ), and an easy registration list for on-site stuff. Gawrsh, it could even automatically stop taking registrations after a specified date.

Hmmmmmmmmm....... doggone it, I do NOT need another project......

ChiXJeff

Jeff...sounds like you DO need a project!!!

I'm willing to update it but I'm computer ignorant when it comes making these things up.

Re: Jeff...sounds like you DO need a project!!!

[quote:7579c5e34d="Danno"]I'm willing to update it but I'm computer ignorant when it comes making these things up.[/quote:7579c5e34d]

No, really, I do NOT need another project..... my g/f already refers to my XJ as the "red headed b#tch." And if I'm not turning wrenchs on my XJ, chances are that I'm sitting in front of a computer (mine, hers, or the company)

It's probably a little late this year, but even a manual update shouldn't take too long. Danno, catch up with me in Moab (I'll even stake you to a beer!) and we (and whoever else is interested) can talk about what it takes to post something.

ChiXJeff

Re: Jeff...sounds like you DO need a project!!!

No, really, I do NOT need another project..... my g/f already refers to my XJ as the "red headed b#tch." .

ChiXJeff[/quote]

Hey! I resent that comment! There's no need for ethnic slurs here!

Re: XJEEPER

[quote:73854d1ee4="David B"]XJEEPER, Where exactly are you living now? I hope to make the trek to Moab this year. Shanna will be about 8 months pregnant so she will for sure not be going.[/quote:73854d1ee4]

Hey Dave, I moved into a new cave in the Uintah area, not to be confused with the Uinta area. The exact location remains confidential.......hope you make it to Moab next month and tell Shanna to stop being a wimp and just get in the Jeep :shock: ........I took my wife up Bull Canyon to view Gemini Bridges from below (bumpy trail) when she was 5 months pregnant and I still hear about it 4 years later. :( Prolly better that she takes a rain check this year.
X

[quote:73064cad4f="Goatman"][quote:73064cad4f="Tom R."]There are a bunch of us who want this page and have made known our desire for one, but I've given up asking for it.

Tom[/quote:73064cad4f]

EVERYONE is busy. Can you or someone else who wants one figure out a way to make one? Or ask the webteam or event coordinator what you might be able to do to help get it done? Last year Matt was able to make one, we did not have one the year before that. This is a volunteer outfit, and if something is important to anyone to get done, please volunteer to help do it.

Richard G[/quote:73064cad4f]

I can understand that...I'm busy too working about 15+ hours a day. Don't take this too serious as I didn't mean to come off like I was upset. It probably reads like it, but not meant that way.

Tom

See you in Moab, Tom. :)

RG

Back