• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D35, 4.10 Trac-Lok

JEEPERCREEPER

NAXJA Forum User
I will be replacing an '89 OEM D35 ring/pinion, 3.07's with a D35 Trac-Lok with 4.10's (I only have the ring/pinion/carrier, not the whole rear end). Is this a direct swap? Housing and axels etc??? What do I need, if anything, to make this swap? Thanks

I believe the '89 should be a non c-clip axle. Just be certain that the carrier you get is for the same type of axle (c-clip or non c-clip).

I hope you will be replacing the pinion and carrier bearings while you have everything open to work on it. Do you know how to set up the pinion depth and ring gear clearance, or are you having a pro do the installation?

There is a difference between c-clip and no-clip trac-lok carriers. the side gears on a clip style trac-lok are machined with the recesess to retain the c-clips. while the the non-clip type are not.
so its concivable that a c-clip trac-lok will fit in a non-clip rearend, while a non-clip trax-lok will not work in a clip rear end.

Back