• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is a York a York?

Fore Wheeler

MWC President
NAXJA Member
found a York OB compressor for cheap, it originally was off a Ford, my question is, are they all the same compressor just different brackets? and, are they rebuildable?

the guy wants $50 for it with a small tank, the way I figure it if it's rebuidable and I can't make it work in my XJ I can always put it on the bus for air and then I can get some air horns too.

Take a look at kilbyenterprises.com as well as http://www.madxj.com under technical for some good inf. There are a few different York compressors. The F210 has the largest output capability. Also, just do a google search on OBA or York. There are many articles out there. BTW, I recently purchased a Kilby mounting bracket kit that included a V-belt/serpentine pulley that replaces the alternator pulley. However, even though this pulley cleared the fan blade by .25", the clutch on the compressor didn't when mounted on his bracket. He suggested adding a .5" spacer to the fan mount, but there was only .75" clearance between the fan clutch and the radiator fins on my '98, so I am sending the kit back. I'm going to fab my own bracket and use a serpentine clutch/pulley on the YORK for an inline setup. I just hope I'll be able to find a serpentine belt of the right length when I get the thing mounted. Jeff

Back