• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Snorkel and Supercharger

89minijeep

NAXJA Forum User
I want to build up the front end of my XJ, Ive been researching on superchargers and decided im going with the Hesco, but the question i have now is would that work with a snorkel? I havent seen anyone run any type of charger in there rig with a snorkel.

It should work fine. I've seen trucks on TTC running snorkels to their superchargers, I dont see why it wouldn't work?

Contact the supercharger's manufacturer........ :twak:

You wouldn't want to void the warranty now would ya?

hey so where are you getting your charger from?
how much $ do they Run?

89minijeep said:
I dont know when im getting it, However they run for like 5K Bolt on Hp.
Go either to www.hescosc.com or www.accuratepower.com

I have dealt with both companies. From experience with them, I would toss my business towards Mike at Accurate. HESCO is rather full of themselves and tough to deal with tech wise. I have run into a "our way or the highway" mentality at HESCO. Mike at Accurate is great to deal with and will work with you before and after the sale.

I researched both companies when I built my stroker, especially since I also intend to put a blower on it in the future.

A supercharger is not a tiny sum of cash. Research things very well and know whom you will be dealing with if problems crop up after the sale.

Just my $0.02,

Bones :skull1:

Inisadow said:
It should work fine. I've seen trucks on TTC running snorkels to their superchargers, I dont see why it wouldn't work?

Most of the trucks I see running snorkels on TTC have it coming straight out of the hood from the carb. Nothing but a big piece of ducting leading to an air filter duct taped to the end and all of it strapped/duct taped to the roof

BlackSport96 said:
Most of the trucks I see running snorkels on TTC have it coming straight out of the hood from the carb. Nothing but a big piece of ducting leading to an air filter duct taped to the end and all of it strapped/duct taped to the roof

exactly my point why wouldn't running some ducting from the intake of your supercharger work? It's just an air intake with a air compressor behind it....

Don't see why it wouldn't, if you are using the stock air box or the Intense Air Filter kits that are on the DPG Offroad site than your fine. Cooler air from about the cab can only help. Just my 2cents. Juice

if your just looking for more power you may want to try a stroker kit, i believe you can get more power at a much cheaper price then a supercharger, and you wouldnt have to worry about a snorkel fitting because the intakes basiclly the same.
sure there might be some down time but you get an intamte knowledge of your engine, you could pick up a used 4.0L block from a junk yard so you can still use your xj while your creating your new engine, and you can sell that 4.0 when you take it out to get some more money for even more mods

here we go you can get a 5.0L stroker kit for the same price as the supercharger but you get 320hp versus 275hp and 360ftlbs versus 305ftlbs
you could also pick up a kit for a 4.7L that has the same amount of hp but 335ftlbs and only for $2,000 that leaves 3,000 for other mods
http://www.jakesracingengines.com/jeep page 2.htm
http://www.hesco.biz/cgi-bin/ez-catalog/cat_display.cgi?4X364946#s

heres someones website the goes over stroker engines
http://www.jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/stroker.html

Back