• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

85 Leaking into cab

pabloconrad

NAXJA Forum User
When I opened the door to my Jeep this morn, I discovered Lake Powell relocated to the floorboard, but only on the driver's side. Since last night was the first significant rain since September, this is the first I've noticed any possible leaking.

I've done no work on the roof nor windshield so I have no clue where to start. I've read in previous posts about the grille in front of the windshield and checking the drains for possible plugging so I'll check there. Short of tossing in a few tubes of the low viscosity silicone, I'd rather fix it properly even if I need to get a new windshield with new seals. However, I'd rather spend that money on new lockers.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

How much rain, did you have. I had that problem once, when it was a total down pour, throughout the night, & the vents could not keep up with the water displacement, & it over flowed into the cab. Floor boards were all soaked, but nothing else. Never have had another problem. My friends Intreped did the same thing, I guess these Chryslers just don't like a lot of water dropped on them.

Back