• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So Who's Showing Up???

I'll be there if I can get a damn permission slip signed :p As well may need someone to follow on the highway, despite the fact I live less than an hour away I've never been to Naches.

- Kevin

We'll have to see what state of disrepair the XJ is in at that point. Once the new axles are in, and a SYE/DS is added I should be a go, it's the little random surprises that concern me...:D

I am going. 3.5 months left and I have alot of work to do.

I'll shotgun/spot for someone if they'd like. At 260lbs I'm great ballast for a potential rolling situation. :D I'm also an excellent cook, have my own tent/gear, handy with tools, can hold my liquor, and am a great photographer. :D:D

My XJ won't be trailable (is that a word?) by then but I'm planning a FBI (Friends/Brothers/In-Laws) trip to the 'Con in October...so it'll be ready for that one.

[email protected] if anyone would like the services mentioned above. I'd really like to come along and meet folks. I'll pick up some of your favorite beverage, too. :D :piratefla

Last edited:
ECKSJAY said:
I'll shotgun/spot for someone if they'd like. At 260lbs I'm great ballast for a potential rolling situation. :D I'm also an excellent cook, have my own tent/gear, handy with tools, can hold my liquor, and am a great photographer. :D:D

My XJ won't be trailable (is that a word?) by then but I'm planning a FBI (Friends/Brothers/In-Laws) trip to the 'Con in October...so it'll be ready for that one.

[email protected] if anyone would like the services mentioned above. I'd really like to come along and meet folks. I'll pick up some of your favorite beverage, too. :D :piratefla

LMAO...did Ecksjay just volunteer to be someones trail bitch????

Matt98XJ said:
I'm moving up to the Bellingham area next month. How far is Naches from there? I'll be ready to go by then.

Bellingham is roughly 230 miles away from Naches quite a drive but it could be fun :D Am I am the closest out of everyone? I'm like 40 miles away. Btw Ecksjay you may have to be careful I remembered reading this in the event rules:
Alcoholic beverages and other controlled substances are prohibited while driving on or off-road. This includes consumption prior to an Event. Failure to comply will result in dismissal from the Event and probable termination of Membership.

:p

verrive said:
Btw Ecksjay you may have to be careful I remembered reading this in the event rules:
Alcoholic beverages and other controlled substances are prohibited while driving on or off-road. This includes consumption prior to an Event. Failure to comply will result in dismissal from the Event and probable termination of Membership.

:p

Hmm, I thought those were my rules. ;) Well aware of the rules...and they're my own personal views anyway. We don't drink on the trail, we save it for camp when the wheelin's done.

Matt98XJ said:
I'm moving up to the Bellingham area next month. How far is Naches from there? I'll be ready to go by then.

Hans (PNW01XJ) will be coming from Lynden (on the Canadian boarder). Maybe you guys could caravan?

Yea Matt98XJ I live about 10 Miles North of Bellingham. I would be glad to have you follow my tailights all the way down. :moon:

D'oh, screwed around and got some stuff. Jeep is sitting in a friend's shop right now awaiting wheel bearings/spindles, new calipers, rotors, and ball joints. Gee, if I screw around enough I might actually be able to drive myself. :D Glad for this warmer weather though...

I should be there, but I have a question. It is scheduled for two days, so is that two days on the trail with a stop for the night, or do we set up a base camp somewhere, go out and come back for the night? I need to know if I am bringing my tent or my tent trailer.

No, we'll have a 'base camp' of sorts at one of the local camping areas. There are a lot of different trails there, so we'll kinda split up in the morning. I plan to show up Friday afternoon/evening. The trial rides will most likely start between 8 and 9 AM. So, if you show up Saturday morning, it probably won't give you much time to set up camp.

Steve

Hey Steve, if I drive I'll end up out there about noon on Friday if anyone wants to roll out with me. I plan on stringing up my hammock and snoozing until people start getting there. ;)

What are we doing for comms? I've got a CB and FRS. :yap:

I'm definitely getting 90% of my front end rebuilt this morning. Can't wait! :roll:

Got home a little while ago. Front end is 'almost' done. Need gears installed next month and I'll put the axle shafts back in with new u-joints and install new ball joints while it's all apart. Then we swap the rear end, reinforce the 'frame' rails with 3x3 angle, gusset the RE drop brackets, and install the crossmember/skid I built a while back. Looks like I'll be busy, but ready!!! ;)

Back