• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel hose

BrianC

NAXJA Forum User
The fuel hose on the firewall end of the fuel rail is leaking at the metal crimp. Does anyone know how much this hose runs at the dealer or should I just cut the end off and hose clamp it to the barb on the rail?

Brian

Is it leaking at the crimp for sure or might it be coming from the quick disconnect that attaches the hose to the fuel rail?

I would bet on the disconnect.

If it is the disconnect the repair kit runs about $20-$30.

It's not leaking from the disconnect. I just did the repair kit. The fuel is comming out the hose end of the crimp.

If that the case then I'd go to the dealer and buy the right hose and the coupling kits if necessary. I would not use the fuel ine and hose clamps other than to get it home as a "battle damage repair".

I have been in the junk yard and seen what a fuel system leak does to the engine compartment of an XJ. I am willing to spend what the dealer changes for hoses and coupling repair kits, fuel it too dangerous to go cheap.

If you are leaking the I'd park it till you get the new hose.

Back