• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sye ?

tbear

NAXJA Forum User
any way around not doing the sye conversion? my 96 has 3.5 lift and i was thinking about going to 5 of lift can lft it to 5 relitivly cheap but the sye and drive shaft is to pricy. can just a longer drive shaft work?thanks for any info.

tbear said:
any way around not doing the sye conversion? my 96 has 3.5 lift and i was thinking about going to 5 of lift can lft it to 5 relitivly cheap but the sye and drive shaft is to pricy. can just a longer drive shaft work?thanks for any info.

At the very least, do the hack-n-tap and the d-c driveshaft.

I really tried to build mine on the cheap, and REALLY didn't want to blow $500 on the sye. But the guys here convinced me to do it, and it honestly eliminated vibes I didn't even know I had.

I vote do it...

hth,
Robert

tbear said:
vibes are know problem right know but i dont want my shaft to fall out. i hate it when the shaft falls out.

If it is vibrating right now you are really going to be hurting at 5" - I would do one of three things... (in order of preferance)

1 RE hack and tap with a CV shaft

2 Hack and tap with a modified junkyard bronco II shaft (that is the flange pattern from the RE stuff)

3 Adjust your angles so you minimize the vibes (might not be possible) and have a driveline shop lengthen your existing driveline so the slip is back in where it needs to be...

Matt

PS fixing the T-case after your shaft wipes out the slip yoke housing and speedo gear housing whilst flogging around under there after pulling the slip out is going to pay for a SYE :shhh:

I just moved my rear axle forward a half inch or so. Screw blowing money having a stock driveline lengthened! Redrill the spring perches and spring clamp plate to make it work. Moving the yoke further into the case cured alot of the vibration, but didn't eliminate it all.

Jared:patriot:

What I did, and, i will be replacing with a SYE soon, is, i did a t-case drop, angled shims on the rear axle, and lengthened the driveshaft. It's wheelable and the shaft hasn't fallen out yet, but, there are some vibes, but not bad.

Back