• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Replacement Seat (2nd/3rd Row)

Nay

NAXJA Forum User
Thought I'd pass this link along...I'm looking into replacing the backseat bench entirely with 2 removable bucket seats, along with a removable set of seats for smaller kids in a 3rd row. My vision is to bolt this all into an internal cage. These seats are designed to be bolted directly into a cage, which fixes the problematic issue of how to attach a standard child seat when the child seat base is not built to withstand crash forces (the seat belt runs through the body of the seat) and they have toddler (1-4) and preteen (5-12) sizes with five point harnesses.

I'm looking at two preteen seats in the middle and two toddler in the rear(these are only 22" tall), with the rear being removable via tube clamps. Good stuff for those wanting a modular seating design for a family of five or six depending on whether you are wheeling alone or camping with family. Replacing the bench seat with some relatively small bucket seats should open up some interesting storage opportunities. This just may keep me from having to buy a fullsize just for the family offroad stuff :clap: .

http://www.prpseats.com/suspension-seats.html

Nay

Finally someone came out with some good stuff for extra seating, nice. My only downside is that at 6'6" and not exactly a narrow assed euopean I like to plant my butt in one BEFORE I go buy it. My drivers seat is starting to make some annoying noises so I may be loolking at finding some new front seats for my 98, want adjustable headrests this time.

Back