• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine control problems

bheit4x4

NAXJA Forum User
Ok lets see I have new plugs, wires, cap and rotor , tps, map , converter , put on a msd ignition and coil , o2 sensor , checked for vaccume leaks
I have a loping idle and the check engine light says running lean and rich
i am out of ideas and can only think of is the computer it sucks getting 5 mpg can anyone help please
its a 96 xj with 4.0 auto trans

Was it doing this before you installed the MSD ignition?

Re: Vacumn leak or unconnected Map Sensor

The only two things I can think of to get 5 MPG is an unconnected map sensor - giving full rich all the time (very likely) or a defective injector leaking fuel constantly (less likely).
suggest you check for vacumn at the MAP by unpluging it and plugging it in - should result in a noticeable change!

yes it was before the msd, I've checked each line for vaccume even pulled of the vac at the map to see a change there was changed the tps and map for the hell of it and know i guess i will do the same for the temp sensor to see if that helps thanks for the info and any more would be appriciated

Back