• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cargo box and ladders on same rack

540ismiley

NAXJA Forum User
Is this possible? i want to use a cargo box to put my tools in at the end of the day and also have room next to it to put my 6' and 8' ladders. Is this possible? I have a 1997 Jeep cherokee.

Thanks
josh

Could you be a bit more specific ?? I have a surco safari rack mounted to the stock roof rails and the stock bars removed. I normally carry 1-3 fiberglass ladders up there, 4ft, 6' and 8' and sometimes 12'. I also stick boxes of network cable and other networking items up there with them then bungie the ladders and spiderweb the other stuff in. I don't normally put heavy items like tools up there like my drills, hand tools, etc, I keep them in the back where they are more secure. A $70 1,000 spool of cat 6 is much easier to loose then 3 milwalkee drills and a bosch hammer drill and $200 worth of masonary and 18" and 24" long drill bits...

Back