• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater Issues

85Chief

NAXJA Forum User
The other day I noticed my heater wasnt blowing out a thing in my XJ when I turned it on. I felt the hot air seeping through, but there was no push behind it. I also heard the old fan giving off a lot of vibrations. I figured it was the Blower motor....Well today I went and got myself a new blower motor and got that set in there. turned on the Jeep and BAM....absolutley nothing. At this point I wasnt the happiest camper. I went back and looked it all over and found everthing to be hooked up ok. I tried it agian, and the only thing different was that there were no vibrations.
I dont know where to go from here. Any thoughts of what it could be? I wired it up green-red. black-black. I imagine that is correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

85Chief said:
Well if the fuse was blown, nothing would run...correct? Because my motor is running...its just not putting any air out.
How do you know the motor is running...you will get the hot air witout the blower working....I'd check the relay

Can you give me a price estimate on what your new blower service technique would cost? I think my MJ needs a swift kick too (possibly all over).

More to the point ... what did you kick? The blower, the control panel, or the resistor pack?

lol....well, I kicked the main unit underneath the passengers side dash, then i hit the control panel and it came on. Who knows.
Oh, and prljeep, that technique is priceless....just make sure u dont break anything while trying it.

Got the same problem and kicking it doesn't work. Fuses are good but nothing comes out of vents in A/C or heat when swithc is on. Blower issue or is there something I should check before I replace the entire blower. Where is the relay for it (damn gizmoz. longing for my CJ that doesn't have all these things but loving the new project!) oh yeah, XJ is an 87 4.0.

Back