• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana 70 dually q's

xj_punk

NAXJA Forum User
how do you make a rear d70 dually single wheel? i know ash has done this... fill me in.
is it just new hubs and junk or what? price of doing this?

-nate

You have to do nothing, just mount your wheels as you're used to. :D

step 1. take off the 4 wheels that are on it
step 2. buy 2 normal 8 lug wheels with tires
step 3. bolt them on
any questions?????
Led

so why do people always talk about changing their hubs and stuff? is that just on dually matching fronts?
sorry if this post really is stupid i just thought they were different.

xj_punk said:
this one is supposedly 72" from wms to wms...

that's sounds like the width for a front dually d70.
what is it out of?
my friend just got one out of motorhome that had larger diameter lugs that only took funky lug nuts.

Some D70's have lefthand threads on one side for lugs. They can be changed to righthand very easily, just drive them out with a heavy hammer. Keep in mind some of the older axles had "coined" rims meaning there is a bevel on the hub mounting surface around the lugs. A normal flat mounting surface rim will not bolt up properly and cause a really bad vibe kind of like driving with an unbalanced wheel. These small bevels can be ground off to make the mounting surface flat again once the lugs are removed.

Back