• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

More TPS....

Ecarlcl

NAXJA Forum User
As discussed im http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=21144, I Spliced into the ground wire on my TPS and grounded it to a ground point on the inner fender well on the driver side close to the washer fluid resevior. The idle problem became worse it wanted to Idle at 1500 instead of its usual 1100. Should I try grounding it to the engine itself? Or is this an ECU issue. How all of you solve your high idle? I have made sure that my intake bolts are tight, and there arent any vacuum leaks either.

Thanks

No one has solved a high idle issue on a renix?

Come on, guys I need ideas.

Thanks

Ecarlcl said:
No one has solved a high idle issue on a renix?

Come on, guys I need ideas.

Thanks

nope, i cant solve my idle problem. mine idles anywhere from 500rpm to 1100rpms. ive replaced, tested, tightened and cleaned everything. its an 89 5speed with 200,000 and other than the idle problems and oil leaks everywhere, it still runs very strong.

I'm thinking that it might be an ECU issue.

Anyone have that TSB on the TPS issue?

Thanks

Every time I have had the high-idle issue on my 1990 4.0 engine, it has been the TPS. They are adjustable on our Renix sytem, but seem to be really picky. I'm on my third TPS since new. You can check that the input and output meet spec, then check for a smooth progression in voltage change as you rotate the throttle butterfly. I would just change it before trying anything else. 4xBob

Back