• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YET ANOTHER RE lift kit post

FitchVA

NAXJA Forum User
:peace: don't shoot me. :wave:

i just wanted to make doubly sure that i'm not overlooking anything before i place my order. here's what i'm lookin at:

* RE6130 4.5" XJ Super-Flex Kit
* RE Heavy duty track bar / bracket
* Upgrade to JKS disco's
* Upgrade to RE adjustable upper & lower control arms
* OME shocks
* AA SYE kit / Tom Woods drive shaft

one question is this - should i upgrade to the full 4.5" leaf packs (and not run the new shackels)? they are the same price. that way, as i start to load up my xj with more goodies later on, i can add spacers up front and shackles in the back to regain my height that i'll lose with the added weight of said goodies? or just stick with the 3.5" packs w/ the shackles and worry about the loss of height later? thanks in advance

I don't think you are going to have much flex using the short stock shackles on a 4.5" leaf pack. I think you need longer shackles to take advantage of the new packs.

Phil Weeks said:
I don't think you are going to have much flex using the short stock shackles on a 4.5" leaf pack. I think you need longer shackles to take advantage of the new packs.

i am planning on doing the same thing as you are. it only makes sense to get the 4.5" then add a spacer to the coils and a new shackle, then you can have around 6" of lift.

Have you considered contorl arm drop brackets.
I really liked this mod once I got it all hooked up.
I thought the control arm angles were a little steep on a friends 4.5 It takes bumps pretty hard in the front.

Stick with the 3.5" springs. They will flex well with the longer shackle. The stock shackle might be about maxed out in it's forward movement with 4.5" springs. IMHO - drop brackets aren't really needed until you get over about 5" of lift. My bud with the 4.5" superflex kit has a great riding, great handling, great flexing jeep. The upgrades you listed are great. Buy it!

Jared:patriot:

FitchVA said:
i'm gonna spring for some ACOS to help me out when i get my arb bumper :guitar:

I plan on the same thing, ACOS, when I get my Warn front bumper.

And shackle revolvers when I get my AEV Conversions rear bumper and tire carrier.

FitchVA said:
i'm gonna spring for some ACOS to help me out when i get my arb bumper :guitar:

What are ACOS? Also are you going to go ahead and get your CV made now are wait until the lift is installed and then get the measurements? Tom Wood's say they can make the CV for me now and they just need to know what lift I am going with and what size my u-jonts and the current measurements are. I am still considering to wait since I would hate for the measurment to be off.

LOOKSURF said:
What are ACOS? Also are you going to go ahead and get your CV made now are wait until the lift is installed and then get the measurements? Tom Wood's say they can make the CV for me now and they just need to know what lift I am going with and what size my u-jonts and the current measurements are. I am still considering to wait since I would hate for the measurment to be off.
check out the link that mc-92 posted. they're adjustable coil over spacers. thanks for the link :D

as for the drive shaft, i was told (by the place i'm ordering all my stuff from) that i would need to lift first to make sure i got the right length. i was under the assumption that i could tell them ahead of time what i was installing and i could get it all at once like you're talking about. cause this is my dd and the shorter downtime i have, the better

Back