• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Chrome Grille 'setup'

pressurerat

NAXJA Forum User
I Need A Chrome Grille And Headlight Bezels And Whatever Other Pieces Of Chrome Trim To Put My 92 Laredo Back Stock. Somebody Put A Black 84-87 Grille And Trim On It And I Just Dont Like It.

PM me how much you are looking to spend. I may be able to get you all of that. Also I need to know if your grille is all one piece or if the piece right above the grille is a seperate piece. PM me and let me know.

I know someone in Massachusetts with an '86 Laredo that has all the chrome grille and trim, and he wants to convert it to black. I'm sure you and he could work out a swap.

BUT ... are you certain the black parts on yours are from an '84-'87? Chrysler changed the design of the grille in '91 to use fewer parts, and even the header is different. I don't think you can just take the old parts and swap them onto the new header (but I'm not sure, I haven't tried).

How many slots in your black grille -- 8 or 10?

pressurerat said:
I Need A Chrome Grille And Headlight Bezels And Whatever Other Pieces Of Chrome Trim To Put My 92 Laredo Back Stock. Somebody Put A Black 84-87 Grille And Trim On It And I Just Dont Like It.
Shoot some pics of what you have. I have a 91 with a chrome grill and this spring I'm going to black it all out. Might work out a trade.
Thanks,
Dan.

Here is what I do have. I didn't notice the faded chrome around the headlights, but the trim around them is black. The chrome pieces are plastic and most of the chrome is faded from them and could easily be painted. The trim will need some fresh paint too, but is in good condition. As far as the header is concerned, I don't know if it is from an earlier year and don't know how to tell. I am willing to look for a part number or any other characteristic if somebody can tell me what to look for. I am wanting to put the correct 8 slot grille back in it.

http://www.msnusers.com/[email protected]/Documents/DCP_0984.JPG

http://www.msnusers.com/[email protected]/Documents/DCP_0985.JPG

Last edited:
Back