• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone know where to download FSM's??

zjmikey

NAXJA Forum User
Looking for a good online source for factory service manuals.

someone had mentioned e-toolbox.com, but that link isnt working anymore

I don't have a source for you. Every once in awhile someone posts a reported source for FSMs on-line, and within a couple of days they're gone.

I suspect there's a reason, which may have a lot to do with copyright law and DaimlerChrysler putting their legal department to work. Keep looking, but don't be surprised if you don't find anything. Most of us suck it up and buy FSMs.

When you find them grab them, they are usually PDF files and are very big, I have some of the TJ manual chapters, 80meg each. Out of the 6 I got 2 work and the other 4 don't...

Those are 'parts lists' that DC updates almost monthly it seems. Cant believe that people actually buy them but those words of wisdom by P.T always prove true... Look at me, I spent $50 on two front TJ tow hooks, the short stubby ones, plus shipping WITHOUT BOLTS before I found out I can get them 3 other places for $27 plus $3 shipping WITH BOLTS.... The really funny part is I got OUTBID on the first 5 sets I bit on so I ordered 6 sets for $30 from a supplier and will be selling 4 sets on ebay :D I'm also working a new fuel additive, just need to do a bit more experimenting with different brewski's :cheers: till my 'processed' additive has a good distinctive smell :D :D :D Then I'll auction it for $11 an ounce plus $8 shipping and handling [hazardous material] :firedevil:

Daddy wants new bumpers for his XJ :D

zjmikey said:
Looking for a good online source for factory service manuals.

someone had mentioned e-toolbox.com, but that link isnt working anymore

You have PM... :thumbup:

Eagle said:
... Most of us suck it up and buy FSMs.

I cannot agree with Eagle more. If you do virtually ANY WORK on your vehicle beyond oil changes, the price of an FSM is PAID FOR the first time you use it to do a more involved job.

WHENEVER I buy a new (different) car/truck, one of my first investments is an FSM. I have NEVER regretted buying any of them.

Best of all, when you sell/loose/destroy the car, you can sell the manuals on eBay and get most, if not all, of your investment back.

What is the best source for FSM's? Bookstore, dealership, AutoZone, online? I tried eBay with no results....

Call the number listed on the website. They've been known to have older manuals available, but not listed on the website.

Back