• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

chevy lowering shackles

xjennyj

NAXJA Forum User
These shackles seem reasonably priced and I heard that they will work for an xj...is anyone running these, and what size do I need to give my xj around 2" of lift?

Bad idea. They are 5" longer than stock and will cause too much leverage on the mount! Will give rear steer as well as rotate your whole axle and pinion up!

Just got mine about a week ago and have been VERY pleased! Found them for 30 bucks and about 7 dollars shipping. Decent construction and they netted ~2.25" of lift. Will post a pic this afternoon. Oh and the guy at the 4X shop nearby said most likely the shackle would bend before the mount so I said what the hell and am very happy with them. I have noticed a slight, very slight amount of rear steer, kinda feels like it would if I air the rear tires down to low and drive on the street. Definetly something I can live with and still drive safely to work and back if need be.

Alan

Back