• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New motor mounts and vibes

Ralph

NAXJA Member #149
I just installed a set of Rusty's rubber motor mounts and a new stock transmission mount. I'm getting some pretty bad vibes while idling. It's not so bad under power. Is this normal? I expected a little more pronounced engine vibes but this is a lot. Is there something that I can do to fix this?

Thanks

Yeah -- replace with stock motor mounts.

(You didn't want to hear that, I know)

You *WILL* get vibrations at idle from the M.O.R.E. Bomb Proof motormounts. They are built much heavier than stock, but are also stiffer.

digger4u said:
Eagle you saying go with stock motor mounts instead of say "More Motormounts"

Dunno anything about the M.O.R.E. mounts except that they are rubber and Rusty's are polyurethane. The M.O.R.E. mounts are supposed to transmit a bit less vibration than the urethane ones, but if the urethane are really objectionable then my guess is the M.O.R.E. will only be less objectionable, not "right."

The thing is, it's bad enough to dump almost $200 on motor mounts once and not be happy with them. It would be a real shame to do it twice.

Eagle said:
Dunno anything about the M.O.R.E. mounts except that they are rubber and Rusty's are polyurethane. The M.O.R.E. mounts are supposed to transmit a bit less vibration than the urethane ones, but if the urethane are really objectionable then my guess is the M.O.R.E. will only be less objectionable, not "right."

The thing is, it's bad enough to dump almost $200 on motor mounts once and not be happy with them. It would be a real shame to do it twice.

I just did mine with stock ones... 35 bucks... I think I can swap those out a few times before I get to the $200 mark.

Back