• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Removing Powder coating

WyoXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I need to remove the powder coat on my rocksliders, it is old and peeling. I am planning to recoat my sliders with a roll-on bedliner like Herculiner. So I am looking for any ideas that will help me get the remaining powdercoating off. Ohh and if you have any other suggestions of a cheap coating for the sliders.

Thanks

Herculiner and such will add huge friction drag versus a good paint job. Don't you want to slide over instead of hang up on those obstacles?

I agree with Mac...Personally I'd juist take the powder of and give it a few good coats of paint. When you go out and slide on it you'll scratch it off, but then you'll just have to touch it up. REmember, you'll mostly be touching the bottom of the rails with rocks, so it'll be tougher to tell you touched it up.

don't knock herculiner though :D My rock rails have paint all around but on the top surface I did brush on a bit of herculiner through the length so that when I stend on it.... I dont do the slip and slide :)

Kejtar

paint

I used spray bedliner on my bumpers/ rails/crossmember/etc. its pretty tough, and really easy to touch up. also has some non slip qaulities. My interior is all herculined. its more difficult to touch up. good luck

Back