• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Flexplate

Jeepster4wd

NAXJA Forum User
Who sells a flexplate. Cant seem to find anyone that sells one besides a junkard. and does anyone know how much they would run for? for a 93 XJ

Dealership, obviously. The better stocked parts shops may be able to get them, doesn't seem to be a common item.

Don't know about price, I drive a stick. Flywheels are apparently only available from D/C.

Jeepster4wd said:
yea i knew they also sold them at the stealership anyone bought one from the stealership how much were they?

I THINK the one for my '92 was around $90...but I may be way off :wierd:
I had to go to the stealership.

Dunno about the HO, but Crown Auto Parts has them for the non-HO. Cost a year ago was about $60.

Crown has dealers in just about every state.

oic, yea i thought that the non HO flexplate would work i guess not though. so now iv got one HO the holes are pretty messed up a good cond 89 flexplate. need a good condt Ho flexplate. found some junkyard that has them for 15 and 40 bucks.

Considering that a used one might have the start of a crack when you install it, and considering how much work it is to change one of the bloody things, and considering that you can get a NEW one for less than 100 clams ... personally, I would not even consider installing a used one.

Jeepster4wd said:
eagle they want 96.52 for one does that sound reasonable?

that's about what i paid @ the dealers...good thing it turned out to just be bolts so i got to return it (- the f*ckin' restocking fee of 20%!!!)

gupandme said:
that's about what i paid @ the dealers...good thing it turned out to just be bolts so i got to return it (- the f*ckin' restocking fee of 20%!!!)

wow that sucks. what was wrong with your bolts? i guess my bolts that hold flexplate on came loose and started rubbing against coverplate and stuff and rounded out holes they look like this (__) instead of this O

Jeepster4wd said:
wow that sucks. what was wrong with your bolts? i guess my bolts that hold flexplate on came loose and started rubbing against coverplate and stuff and rounded out holes they look like this (__) instead of this O

same deal...only I caught it in time (read Loc-tite :roll: )

edit: when i bought it it had a "grinding noise when you start it"(reason for selling dirt cheap??)....I thought the flexplate was cracked, but when i popped off the cover, all the bolts were backed out about 3/4 of the way.....
fixed for about 1/2 a cent woth of thread lock. (and $20 to re-stock my part :bs: )

Last edited:
gupandme said:
same deal...only I caught it in time (read Loc-tite :roll: )

edit: when i bought it it had a "grinding noise when you start it"(reason for selling dirt cheap??)....I thought the flexplate was cracked, but when i popped off the cover, all the bolts were backed out about 3/4 of the way.....
fixed for about 1/2 a cent woth of thread lock. (and $20 to re-stock my part :bs: )

oic, I just ordered one. damn that puts me another week behind :badpc: . really annoying. been almost a freakin year since it been running lol.

Back