• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Who sells rearend shims???

Haulgas

NAXJA Forum User
I just installed a 3" lift on my 92 Xj and now I have driveshaft vibration. I lowerd the tranfer case about a 1/2 inch which help some. I would like to put some shims under the rear springs. The rear lift is full length add a leafs.
Any suggestions on what degree? and where I can get some? I new here so take easy on me and yes I know this isn't the best way to lift it but for now that the way it is.
Thanks Brian

What youve done is perfectly fine. Adding shims is nothing new. Its when you add blocks under the leafs is when you start having problems. Go to your local 4x4 shop. Just be carefull when installing these and use Grade 8 center bolts. I had to do a field repair and used some crappy bolts and kinda forgot about it and spit out one of my shims. Jeff CamoXJ

maybe one of your rear u joints in your driveshaft is toast, and you never noticed it until it started working at more extreme angle. Try checking that out. If that's the culpirt you could prob sneak by with no Tcase drop at all.

Haulgas said:
I just installed a 3" lift on my 92 Xj and now I have driveshaft vibration. I lowerd the tranfer case about a 1/2 inch which help some. I would like to put some shims under the rear springs. The rear lift is full length add a leafs.
Any suggestions on what degree? and where I can get some? I new here so take easy on me and yes I know this isn't the best way to lift it but for now that the way it is.
Thanks Brian
Brian,

RE has the shims in most degrees for around $11-$15 dollars. :guitar:

Back