• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

onboard air bracket (york)

witt

NAXJA Forum User
i got myself a nice york compressor and i need a way to mount it up... ive got a 98XJ 4.0L HO with a/c... i have no problems relocating my battery (i already removed the stock air box)...

if neybody has plans/measurements already setup for a york compressor bracket... that would fit my situation it would be a great help!

i would also like to see some people's OBA setups for ideas.....
thanks!! :thumbup:

Sorry no dimensions, just winged it when I made it. Used 1/4" and made an "L". Measured the mounting holes on the side of the york and drilled, then winged the top holes for the a/c unit. Everything came out great. I can measure tonight if you want me to. Had to take out the york so I can hardline the air lines with copper tubing so that wont be a prob. Later Jeff CamoXJ

I did the same, mounted it next to the ac pump so I still have ac. I moved the battery to the drivers side and redid my intake. I also just winged the bracket to....I made it out of 2" angle iron if I remeber right. Bracket makeup depends on if the York has a serpentine clutch or a regular pully clutch.

I'm in the same boat here with my '98. See my engine bay redo article on www.madxj.com for what I did to relocate the battery and redo my snorkel straight through the fender. However, the factory Air Cond. lines over on the passengers side are still in the way of mounting the York and running a longer serpentine belt. Have you looked at that? Any suggestions? Jeff

Back