• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Keyless entry FOB

92 is when Jeep changed from a single button factory programmed remote to a 2 button user programmable. If you've got a user programmable fob, the instructions should be in your owner's manual. I don't think you can use a late model fob with an early model system.

See eBay or http://www.thejeep.com/piland.html for replacement fobs.

Yea, I have the single button FOB. They're $160 at the dealer but I havent been able to find one on eBay. The later model ones are dirt cheap on eBay in comparison.

That's because the early models aren't user programmable, you need to retrieve the code from the overhead console, and have someone program it. Even if you could find the single button style on eBay, chances are you couldn't use it.

Piland sells the single button fobs for $76.50.

the old fob transmits a different type of frequency, one that requires you to have the fob in sight of the little eye on the headliner, for the price of a new single button fob you could have a quality aftermarket system installed that locks and unlocks the jeep, and it will come with new key fobs that have a longer range.

Do yourself a favor and websearch "Piland Electronics". I did and called them to order replacement 2 button fobs for a lot cheaper than the dealer or some supplier ($20 less per). These are replacement fobs, but if you can't find original ones and the dealer holds a gun to your head for theirs; seems like a really good deal.

Just received my keyless fobs today. How many times have you heard, "Batteries not included"? Well, Piland ships with batteries and with their instructions, the programming took all of 30 seconds. Now I have keyless entry working again. Everyone should know about Piland Electronics, their good products and service.

Back