• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Clunk

jeepguy97

NAXJA Forum User
When I shift from park to drive or reverse to drive or from neutral to drive I seem to get a jerk and a clunk. I replaced the rear u joints to no end. Anyone have any ideas what this is...its like the driveshaft snaps into place or something.

got the same problem mines a 95 with 4.5lift and 32's tried everything to get rid of it it hasnt caused problems yet so f%$## it....(I think it the chry 8.25 loading and unloading) also if you wheel it try changing the fluid in the t case and tranny it helped before but mine came back :doh: ....
good luck lemme know if you figure it out I have been messin with mine for like 2 years now and nothing broke so Im not real concerned...
themud

jeepguy97 said:
When I shift from park to drive or reverse to drive or from neutral to drive I seem to get a jerk and a clunk. I replaced the rear u joints to no end. Anyone have any ideas what this is...its like the driveshaft snaps into place or something.
Some on here have found the splines at the TC need to be lubericated.Pull the DS and coat the splines with Anti-sieze or a heavy grease.This should help the problem.
Wayne

How do you "pull the driveline"? I'm new and have this same problem on my newly purchased 97 Cherokee Sport 4x4 with 149,000 miles.

Back