• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best place to buy McGard lug nuts

xj92

NAXJA Forum User
Who has the best price on McGard lug nuts? National Tire and Wheel wants $2 each, so $40 for all of them. That doesn't seem super high, but I figured somebody might know a place to get them cheaper. I'm not in a big hurry so I can order from anywhere too. TIA.

I got my set from Summit racing. I think I may have payed 20 something for the set. I think they even shipped for free too.

May want to look into that.

-Scott

I'm sure they can tell me but it's not listed on their web site, anybody know the specs of the nuts we need for xj's (stock axles with black rockcrawlers).

Edit: Found the specs. They're 1/2"-20 nuts with a conical seat.

Last edited:
One place, Discount Tire I think, wanted to sell me Gorilla nuts, they're supposed to be comparable to the McGards. Anybody heard of them? Any good?

I would go to Discount Tire. The Gorilla locks are very nice. I work at a DT here in MN and we use them all the time. The only problem we have is when customer looses the key! Luckly Gorilla gives you a card with each set of locks so you can reorder the correct key.

I noticed in your post that you wanteed 20 of them. Why do you wan't to put wheel locks on every stud? I think that is a bit overkill. On my F-150 I have over $2500 worth of wheels and tires and no locks at all. I would rather have someone take them all than just mess them up trying.

my .02

I want 20 nuts, no locks at all, or maybe one lock on each wheel. You're right, 20 locks would be overkill :).

Ok that makes a lot more sence. I guess I automatically associated McGuard with locks and didn't read that original post clearly. We use a ton of the Gorilla lug nuts as well and I have never had one get cross threaded of stripped.

xj92 said:
Who has the best price on McGard lug nuts? National Tire and Wheel wants $2 each, so $40 for all of them. That doesn't seem super high, but I figured somebody might know a place to get them cheaper. I'm not in a big hurry so I can order from anywhere too. TIA.

I picked mine up from PepBoys. I paid around $1.80 per nut.

Back