• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

EB D44/9" Swap Questions

xbombtek

NAXJA Forum User
I am thinking about swapping EB D44 front and 9" rear into my 95XJ. I have searched here and a few other sites and found some bits and pieces of the info I think I'll need. Can anyone here just lay it all out up front?
Axle widths seem about right, and I am not too concerned with the spline count (27 I think) on the 9". What about clearance issues in the front?
Anyone done this or thought it out and decided on something else instead? I am not set on this swap, just trying to come up with a realistic plan to upgrade my axles. I am also open to other axle choices, but not sure as to which way to go on this. Ideally I'd just have D44s f/r, but having a hard time locating them in my price range.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

If you want 44's a matching set of waggy 44's can usually be had for $300.

FarmerMatt's write-up of his bronco swap:

http://www.naxja.org/html/techarticles/ebswap.html

I just got my EB 9" bolted in a test drove it. Was a pretty easy swap, just needed to move the spring perches and the shock mounts, will need to modify the drive shaft too.

Back