• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

dana super35

it depends on your veiw point.

your going to see it argued both ways.
IMHO if budget is the biggest concern and your not going to run tires over 33" then is a good deal.
if you want to run larger tires then its not a good idea.
check out the vendor forum to find a vendor that can quote you.

Considering how easy and cheap it is to put a 97 or later 8.25 in there (pure bolt-in) that will usually run 32's or 33's with stock shafts without a problem, it's not worth the time or money. I found my 8.25 rear with 4.10's out of a 98 with only 35K miles on it for $200 and spent one afternoon swapping the axles out and bleeding the brakes. I didn't have to go sifting through junkyards to find it either, just look on www.car-part.com.

You can find a bolt-in 44 also, but they cost more and are harder to find, and only come with 3.55's I believe so add the cost of new gears onto that too.

its not as bad as some think. a friend that owns a 4x4 shop runs 37 claws on a super 35 and hasn't hurt it yet. and his favorit saying is "the gas is on the right" and he lives by it. hes the only person i've seenshear the front output shaft of a 231 off clean. with that said the kit is better suited for tjs and zjs where swaping axles is much harder than a xj.if you want a good alternitve look for a mopar 8 3/4 out of a early 70s 1'2 ton truck or van they are the right width ans same lug pattren with 44 strength and 35 clearence.
http://members.tripod.com/~Mojo_Page/chry875.htm

REDXJ4FUN said:
its not as bad as some think. a friend that owns a 4x4 shop runs 37 claws on a super 35 and hasn't hurt it yet. and his favorit saying is "the gas is on the right" and he lives by it. hes the only person i've seenshear the front output shaft of a 231 off clean. with that said the kit is better suited for tjs and zjs where swaping axles is much harder than a xj.if you want a good alternitve look for a mopar 8 3/4 out of a early 70s 1'2 ton truck or van they are the right width ans same lug pattren with 44 strength and 35 clearence.
http://members.tripod.com/~Mojo_Page/chry875.htm
That is an interesting option. Those things are more plentiful than any other axle around here! Thanx Redxj!!

Back