• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pump pulley question

freewithfire

NAXJA Forum User
is there anywhere to buy a replacement power steering pump pulley, i wrecked my jeep and am looking to try and fix it up, but i dont want have to buy and all new pump, all thats broken is the pulley and none of the autoparts stores have it and the junkyards wont sell it alone, any suggestions.
Thanks,
Adam

If the power steering pump pulley was broken in the wreck its likely that the shaft was bent as well. I’d replace the whole thing and keep the original for internal spare parts. There is a nifty little power steering pump mod that I’ve been dieing to try………

The dealer is the only place,it is a press fit on the pump shaft,with out a key or anything else to keep it in place,so you want a new one.
IIRC $15 or so.
Wayne

alright awesome ill swing by the dealer today and see if i can get my hands on one. hopefully i can get my jeep back into running condition. had a little front end collision off-road and the dudes TJ bumper impaled my radiator and pushed my frame and body up a little bit. I guess the jeeps pretty much worthless now, but hey that gives me a great excuse to go a little nutty with it. ya know ive been eyeing that topless mod for some time....hehehe

Back