• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Axle out of MJ

woody

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Hauled the 44 out from under the MJ today, and it's off to the welder soon to have it refitted for XJ duty... Got jury duty tomorrow, so I dunno how bad that will foul up the plans.

Then once I get the rest of the suspension stuff in hand, we'll boost it up to 6" or so, with the spool & front locker, plus the 4.56 gears I've been sorely missing. I can tell ya that goin from 4.56 w/traction diffs to 3.55 open has been traumatic...I'll be so glad to put that behind me for good!

Depending how thinks line up, I may have it done for the SEC truck show 4-25, but don't want to get into a time bind.

Unless someone wants it, the 8.25 will go into 'standby' on top of my junk heap... It'd make a great mailbox post ;) The 242 has been on top of the heap since November or December...along with it's partner that really did launch projectiles through the front case half.

Nothin exotic suspension-wise:

RE Adj Superflex UCA and longer Rusty's rear hydros/brake hose are the only new bits. The rest is hand-me-down 6" coils/leafpacks from Chark's Groovy Green rig, and the JJ LCA that Ron Stevick ran for years. (reinforced at the seams) Plus the D30 I bought from Sean Rose, and the Rusty's steering/Adj TB off the MJ. Oh yeah, got those Tera revolver shackles from TOR that I won at Tellico. They have been on since November, and haven't yet revolved that I could tell. We'll see what flexy leafs will do for that.

Olde-School, simple and cheap :D Ought to be a lot of fun too!

Well, Mike called first dibs. For the low-low price of a case of beer, you get a low mile track-lok and some 3.55 gears too!

Back