• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

question about Revo tires

jeepgal

NAXJA Forum User
I finally settled on the Bridgestone Revos from Discount Tire. Getting the road hazard and out the door, it'll be $490 for 4.
I have one question though: I'd heard that some tires (like the Long Trail T/A) were designed to always have the white lettering side out. Does anyone know if the same is true for the Revo's? I'd like the black lettering side out, if there's no safety issue.

I'd ask Discount Tire, but they're special ordering them, and I figure you folks probably know more than they do.
Thanks

I haven't heard of any but there may be some crazy tire out there that you have to mount letters in/out. Dunno of any tire that worrys about letters in or out, but there are directional tires that are designed to be mounted to rotate 'correctly' when driven. (They have small arrows on sidewalls & are generally speed rated tires.)

My son mounted his REVO's with the letters in - the REVO's could care less - they are not directional. Mount two in, two out - whatever ya wanna do. IF ya have a different tire size than before - be sure to pick up a matching size spare from a used tire store.

jeepgal said:
I finally settled on the Bridgestone Revos from Discount Tire. Getting the road hazard and out the door, it'll be $490 for 4.
I have one question though: I'd heard that some tires (like the Long Trail T/A) were designed to always have the white lettering side out. Does anyone know if the same is true for the Revo's? I'd like the black lettering side out, if there's no safety issue.

I'd ask Discount Tire, but they're special ordering them, and I figure you folks probably know more than they do.
Thanks

I have Revos on my 01 Cherokee and I mounted the letters out--it makes no difference--a the previous reply said they are not directional. One thing I would like to ask you--I dont know if you keep track of the gas mileage, but it seems that after installing theses Revos my MPG dropped 2-3 mpg over the road. Have you noticed that?--I narrowed this down to the tires higher rolling resistance than the stock Goodyears, as my Jeep has been serviced meticulously including 6 new plugs very recently. Looking forward to your reply.

Chux01Cherokee said:
I have Revos on my 01 Cherokee and I mounted the letters out--it makes no difference--a the previous reply said they are not directional. One thing I would like to ask you--I dont know if you keep track of the gas mileage, but it seems that after installing theses Revos my MPG dropped 2-3 mpg over the road. Have you noticed that?--I narrowed this down to the tires higher rolling resistance than the stock Goodyears, as my Jeep has been serviced meticulously including 6 new plugs very recently. Looking forward to your reply.

I don't track the mileage on paper, but it seems to me that I get about 300 mil city on a 20 gal tank, more or less. I hope it doesn't get worse!! My tires are coming in by UPS from GA to Discount Tire in MI. Hopefully I'll get them on this weekend. I went with the stock 225/75/15. Still deciding on keeping one old one for a full size spare or ditching them all (or keeping them all in case I sell it, I'll put them back on). Too many desicions for me!

Thanks for both your replies. I'll post once I know more.

jeepgal said:
I don't track the mileage on paper, but it seems to me that I get about 300 mil city on a 20 gal tank, more or less. I hope it doesn't get worse!! My tires are coming in by UPS from GA to Discount Tire in MI. Hopefully I'll get them on this weekend. I went with the stock 225/75/15. Still deciding on keeping one old one for a full size spare or ditching them all (or keeping them all in case I sell it, I'll put them back on). Too many desicions for me!

Thanks for both your replies. I'll post once I know more.

Thanks for the input--about 280-300 per tank is what I'm getting now--but I used to get about 340. Not that I care, I didnt buy it to be a gas miser--I'll save that for the tree huggers--but I find mpg is a good indicator of how my jeep is performing--maybe its just getting broken in now--just turned 54k--anyway thanks again.

PS you got a better deal than me on the tires good job--I paid about $515 for 4.

jeepgal said:
Still deciding on keeping one old one for a full size spare or ditching them all (or keeping them all in case I sell it, I'll put them back on). Too many desicions for me!

Definitely keep the best one for a full-size spare. Don't even think about selling the Cherokee ... that's heresy!

Wrangler GS-As have to be white letter out...as an example...

Teron

Teron said:
Wrangler GS-As have to be white letter out...as an example...

Teron

Thanks everyone for the assistance. Discount Tire did the install and I was VERY happy with them. We had to haggle on the price to pricematch Firestone, but they were courteous and fair.

Paid $432 + 32 tax + 60 for the certificate for lifetime free replacement deal they do = $524.
I did keep the best for a full size spare, and I'll track my mileage now that they're on and see how it changes, if anyone cares.

Now if we'd just get some SNOW....

Oh, and I put the black side out :)

Back