• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

U joints

[email protected]

NAXJA Forum User
Hey all, looking for model number for stock u joints. I need one for the driveshaft of a 8.25 axle, and the other for the driveshaft of the Dana 30 axle. Now is the ujoints on the driveshaft the same as the ujoints connecting the inner shafts to the outer axle shafts? I want to carry some ujoints just in case. And also where would be the cheapest place to get them. thanks

I've had good luck with NAPA HD joints over the years. (both the hollow-cross greasables and the solid-cross ones) I'm thinking they cost me approx $16 per locally...but IMO but ya can't go wrong with (OEM) Spicer. Found at your local driveline shop.

The caps on the driveshaft UJs are differerent than on the front axle UJs (d/shaft clips outboard, axle clips inboard) but the cross is the same on the small-size axles and the d/s.

Don't quote me on the d/s # but I think they are Spicer 1310 (3 front, 2 rear)

The axle # are Spicer 5-260x (small) and 5-760x (large)

Back