• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 4.5 measurements

egon

Dunlop Slayer
NAXJA Member
For those of you who have RE XJ 4.5" coils up front with a 4 door, stock bumper and a 4.0L. What height (center of hub to bottom of stock flare) are you at after settling? Thanks.

--Matt

Mine ended up about 5-1/4" with my own bumper!

Yeah I ended up with more like 5" and am running an ARB bumper, that is after settling, at first it was alot more and measured out at a bit over 5 1/2" of lift.

egon said:
For those of you who have RE XJ 4.5" coils up front with a 4 door, stock bumper and a 4.0L. What height (center of hub to bottom of stock flare) are you at after settling? Thanks.

--Matt

Matt,

I believe these are the measurements you're looking for:

After 3,000 miles.

Front: 22.625"
Rear: 22.25"

Most of us RE dealers suggest a .75" spacer for the front as they tend to sit nose low....

bchulett said:
Matt,

I believe these are the measurements you're looking for:

After 3,000 miles.

Front: 22.625"
Rear: 22.25"

Thanks bchulett. That was exactly what I was looking for. I'm at about 21.5" (hub to flare) front and rear now after 55K miles with 3.5" springs. Gotta love the RE springs. It's time to go bigger though.

--Matt

egon said:
Thanks bchulett. That was exactly what I was looking for. I'm at about 21.5" (hub to flare) front and rear now after 55K miles with 3.5" springs. Gotta love the RE springs. It's time to go bigger though.

--Matt

Keep in mind I have a .075" poly spacer and .075" OEM isolator stacked up front.

Soon ... I'll be replacing those isloators with ACOS.

Please don't ask why ... let's just say I should have done it to begin with.

Bob

Hey Tozovr

TOZOVR said:
Most of us RE dealers suggest a .75" spacer for the front as they tend to sit nose low....
I have the RE 3.5" rear leaf/extended shackle setup( for 4.5" net). I am planning on installing the 4.5" coils up front this Spring, and have new stock isolators to go with them. Are you suggesting that I should maybe add these instead of replacing the existing isolators?
Sorry to hijack, thanks for any suggestions.
T :peace:

Back