• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Pics of TJ flares

CW

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I am considering tj flares, but I would like to see some pictures of you guy's rigs with them. I just want to make sure I will like the look since I cant put the metal back after I cut it off. Also if you guys have any comments or advise about the intallation or overall impressions, I would be greatfull. -TIA

I just read Cheap XJ's write up on installing YJ flares. The way the TJ flares are mounted on the rear door looks like it has problems with lining up at the cut after a while. What is the difference in clearence between the rear YJ and TJ flares?

It all depends how you chop them...

if you just kerf and fold the metal in the rear, neither will give you more clearance than the other.

If you do some serious cutting and welding, the YJ flare won't open up enough to cover the hole whereas the TJ flare will (I believe)

why bother? you don't need flares in Idaho ;)

Back