• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Engine Mount Gurus...

KLXJ

NAXJA Forum User
detail

http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/seanlongmy/my_photos

I own a RHD XJ 4.0l HO 1994 out here in Malaysia. I was wondering if anyone knew if othe RHD motor mounts are different from the motor mounts from the LHD models in the States.

I have been told by two different shops out here that the left and right mounts are different. The main difference are that the right side mount has two bolts/studs and the left side is a single bolt/stud on the mount. I've taken a pic but which is from an old right side mount, bottom plate depicting the two bolts/studs I'm talking about.

In my earlier thread I was told that both the right and left are identical for the MORE mounts.

Last edited:
How about a shot of the other one in the jeep?

The one you have out looks the same.

I'm wondering if the steering colunm interference on the right hand drive made for a different mount.

mark

Ya will post a shot of it when I get the chance, XJ is at buddy's place. Will take a pic of the mounting, engine and etc...

Don't they have postal Xjs with right hand drives over there?

Mark Hinkley said:
How about a shot of the other one in the jeep?

The one you have out looks the same.

I'm wondering if the steering colunm interference on the right hand drive made for a different mount.

mark

Back