• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC curse...how true?

Olive

NAXJA Forum User
On thursday I was at harry's upull it getting a set of axles to sell. Well I got the rear off just fine. Then it came to the front I discoed all the steering and stuff. It seems the employees that set the trucks up on the steel wheels as stands don't put them in intelligent places. I had a wheel sitting one of the lower control arms. Well I got the bolt out of that and nothing happened, but when I yanked the bolt out of the UCA the entire jeep almost rolled over. Only thing that kept it ugly side down was I had opened a door inadvertedly of course. By some act of god I wasn't underneath it to get crushed. Instead I was standing in the engine bay(the 4 popper was pulled luckily) so in case it did fall I wasn't underneath.

Glad to hear that you were not hurt!! I have seen the way they put them rims underneath, scary.

I think you were the start of it ben, but maybe I ended it by not getting hurt. Afterall it did almost roll over if it weren't for the door, but I wasn't hurt at all. So maybe I stopped the NAC curse? Only time will tell because I'll be up there again soon I think getting more axles.(I'm making a killing selling 4.10 D30s and D35s from up there).

Sheesh

I've pulled/pushed/gogged my MJ off the jackstands 3 times...once in front & 2x in the rear...the only faster critter out from under my Jeeps is my boy dawg, and thats because he's been rundover too.

People think I a Wierdo Woody for putting tires, logs, rocks, kids, whatever underneath anytime a wheel is off, but BTDT 3x and don't want anymore t-shirts... besides all ya get from Jeep Scrambles is new boxers...

Safety People... think safety

Woody

Back