• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's Fenders

2000xj06

NAXJA Forum User
I Am Planning On Buying The Rusty's Fiberglass Fenders With The 6 Inch Bulge . And I Have A 2000 Xj And I Was Wondering How Hard They Are To Put On And Were Do I Put The Washer Fluid Box At ,Or Do I Have To Buy I New One Off An Older Xj.

Thanks, Shane

2000 Xj
4.5 Re/rusty's Lift
31 10.50 Dayton Timberland M/t Cheap Wheels
Pre Runner Bumber
4 Hella 500's On The Bumper

Last edited:
There was an install article in the August 2003 issue of 4Wheel Drive and Sport Utility Magazine. Install is pretty straight forward. They claimed it only took a couple of hours for O.R.G.S to install them. Apparently it took less time to install the Rusty's fenders than to install Rusty's rear cut out flares.

Brief rundown:
1: Remove grill and stock fenders.
2: Minor sheet metal trimming on the stock fender mounts so the new fiberglass ones will line up properly.
3: Mark and drill the new fiberglass fenders so you can bolt to existing bolt holes.
4: Bolt up the new fenders.

Since I have not done this myself, I'm not sure about the ease of installation or the washer fluid reservoir issue.

Choad

Back