• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone running 34" or 35" TRXUS

BUCKYXJ

NAXJA Forum User
It seems like someone on here was running some 34s not sure though. Ok here is the plan.I have two 35" BFG M/T that are going to be rear street tires (I am welded rear). I need a loaded ride height of the TRXUS tires so I know weather to get 34s or 35s the BFG's measure 33.5" or something real close to that. So anyone have the TRXUS mounted and could measure them for me. Also the BFGs will never see offroad and I am buying the four TRXUS next month. They will be on 15x8 rims. Also my spare I am going to carry is a 35" Goodyear MT/R Thanks for the help.
DIG IT!

34x12.5 TRXUS are 32.75" at 25 PSI.

35x12.5 BFG's are stated as 34.7" diameter unloaded
34x12.5 TRXUS are stated as 34.0" diameter unloaded
35x12.5 TRXUS are stated as 35.0" diameter unloaded

Your BFG's drop about 1.25" (34.7-1.25 = 33.45") when loaded, and my TRXUS drop the same 1.25" when loaded (34.0 - 1.25 = 32.75").

The 35x12.5 TRXUS will be closer, but neither will be the same. The 34x12.5 TRXUS are very close to the size of a 35x12.5 MTR...the 35's will definitely be bigger.

Nay

I've got 35 Trxus on 15x10's. They measure 34.25"s loaded.

Thanks that was the info I was looking for so any regrets about the larger TRXUS'? Would you have liked to gone with a different tire?

BUCKYXJ said:
Thanks that was the info I was looking for so any regrets about the larger TRXUS'? Would you have liked to gone with a different tire?

I'd probably run MT/R's if I was buying the 35" tire, unless snow is an issue for you. The MT/R's are going to be a better rock tire, but the TRXUS merit consideration if you want the good road manners but deal with some deep stuff.

I am still shocked at how well my 8" lifted XJ works in the snow, both deep and hard packed, with the TRXUS. With a 242 case, rear Detroit, and front True Trac, I have to mash the skinny pedal to get any wheelspin, and even then it remains controlled. Stopping traction is great...just a very predictable tire in really bad conditions. They are far better than any All Terrain I have run, including BFG AT ko's.

FWIW, the only reason I got the TRXUS over MT/R's was the 34" size. These allowed me to do largely cosmetic fender/flare trimming (no deep cutting and rewelding) and to keep the stock flares and not have to limit flex. With 35's I would have had to take additional measures for clearance, and it wasn't worth it to me. This is also the reason I have them mounted on 7" rims.

Nay

I have to agree with Nay on this one, I have the 33" trxus on 15x8's, I also have the 242 t/c, but really have yet to find a use for 4x4 in the snow. And trust me, up here in upstate new york we have gotten some major snow storms this year. I only have the factory trash-lock and the snow traction is unlike anything I have ever had before. Alot better than the BFG at/ko I had last year. Even up my driveway, which I alway had to use 4 wheel drive, I just drive right up. And Nay is right you actually have to try (skinny pedal induced:cool:) to get tire spin.

Ok I live in Oklahoma so not alot of snow going on here. I have 31" TRXUS right now and can't decide to stick with them or go up to SSR's or TSL's or MTRs.

Back