• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

used gears?? worth it or not?

sidriptide

nobody of any consequence
i'm going to 4.56s very soon and i know people regularly set up used gears.... i am not too comfortable with this , mainly through lack of knowledge.. my feeling is that if you are getting USED deep gears they've been hammered.. how tough are they really? i'd feel better buying new and not worry about unknown strength.... how many of you have run used gears and what is your basic feelings on it? i honestly wouldnt even know an acceptable wear pattern from an unacceptabe pattern... however my friend who is going to be setting them up for me would.. he says if the pattern looks good he would not have a problem running used gears in his own rig....
thx guys
mike

I've run used gears for the past three years. In fact, my rears have been installed twice. No problems. Take a look at them, or have someone who is familiar with them check them out. If they have been set up correctly, you should be fine. I wouldn't hessitate, at all, if they look good.

Back