• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crank-No start...factoy alarm?

BrentNClemson

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, I know there have plenty of no-start threads, and I definitely got some good info by searching, but I thought I'd ask some more specific questions. Here are the symptoms...it will crank, but not start, and I can hear the fuel pump prime when I switch on the key. I haven't had any symptoms at all except a little longer start time (probably because of the cold though). The night before this happened, I was messing w/ some wiring to try and fix my brake lights, hazards, and power door locks. I found that the power door locks are wired into the factory EVS alarm, connected an unplugged connector, and now they work.

I'm only guessing, but I can't help but think that my no-start has something to do w/ that dumb alarm. It hasn't ever worked...the wires to the hood sensor have always been cut, and I cut off the little "valet" switch on the dash w/out any problems.

I'm headed back home tomorrow to see if I can get the wiring. I'm going to check the CPS connector along w/ the alarm connections. Any tips or information would be great....thanks ya'll.

-Brent

are the lights flashing?

I bought my Limited with the factory alarm set off, the dealer didn't know how to disarm the alarm w/o the key fob, I did some research and found that if you use the key in the door it'll disarm the factory alarm, now I tried it with the driver door and it didn't work but it did in the pass door :dunno: . Give that a try, it sounds so simple, cuz it is.

My ’91 Limited with factory alarm occasionally does the same thing. If I put the key in the driver’s side door lock and cycle it (unlock, lock, unlock) it starts up fine. I have yet to figure out what is actually setting off the alarm.

Well...it turns out I was probably wrong about the alarm. Turns out my Camshaft Pos./Distributor Sync Sensor is bad. I'm wishing I had the time to replace this myself...but I've gotta be back in SC for school tomorrow. Hopefully that will get it started! Thanks for the help.
-Brent

Back