• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

o2 sensor 97, need help immediatly

fishonmyleg

NAXJA Forum User
My o2 sensor went out on my 97, 4.0. It is behind the cat. I pulled it, went to the parts store, and the sold me a Bosch 13272 (i think). Anyway, it won't fit. There is a metal sleeve around the sensor that won't let it fit into the cat. Every parts store lists the same part. Does anybody know what other sensor I can use, with out going to the dealer? I can't be the only person to have run into this problem. I'd like to not have to drill out the hole in the cat. Thanks for the help

o2sensor.jpg

You can see the ring that is preventing me from getting the new sensor in. it doesn't move, so I am going to drill it out unless anybody has a better idea. thanks

Incase anybody is actually reading this..........
now I've replaced both sensors, it is running better, still not the best mileage, but that could just be where I've been driving, but the error codes haven't cleared yet. Why are the codes still causing my check engine light to be on?

You need to clear the codes. If you have the decoder manul or shop manual it should give you the correct process. Then you'll have the current error codes.
Craig

Back