• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What year is this skid plate from?

hondastomper said:
I'm looking to buy a gas tank skid and found this one on eBay. They claim its from a '94, but it looks like the skid from a 97+. I want to make sure I know what it is before I decide to bid. If it is from a '97+ it should fit a 2000 w/ no problem, right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2447406253&category=6755

Thx

The one in the pic should fit your 2000. The design is a cross over change in 97 / 98 model year....this means this style can be found on both 97's and some 98's. You can tell by the lower "drain fins" on each end of the skid, as this being the older style. The newer style doesn't have the "fins".

As far as the "no damage" claim in the auction, the closest fin in the pic has been smushed a bit, but should pose no problems. Compare it to the one on the other side...

Ivan

Back