• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wagoneer D44 front questions

Capt. Nemo

NAXJA Member #904
I would like to put a waggy 44 front in my '88 XJ. It is a non-vac disco D44 front. I'm fairly certain I can just take off the chrome caps on the front and install manual locking hubs?

My only other concern is the bracketry for the track bar, control arms, and spring cups. Any simple ideas for these? I can weld and can fab a little bit, and I would rather do this myself rather than buy some pre-made stuff from a company (they seem rather pricey to me...) any suggestions? Any areas of concern?

Capt. Nemo said:
I would like to put a waggy 44 front in my '88 XJ. It is a non-vac disco D44 front. I'm fairly certain I can just take off the chrome caps on the front and install manual locking hubs?

My only other concern is the bracketry for the track bar, control arms, and spring cups. Any simple ideas for these? I can weld and can fab a little bit, and I would rather do this myself rather than buy some pre-made stuff from a company (they seem rather pricey to me...) any suggestions? Any areas of concern?

Here is mine:
http://jeep_n_john.tripod.com/axle_page.html

Capt. Nemo said:
Thanks, the pics look good. Are the spring perches on the waggy axle the same distance apart as the coil buckets on the D30?

What did you do for the track bar mount?
Hmm replied once, it didn't show.... Any way, Yes, the spring perches are the same distance apart, on the driver's side it had to go over the shoulder of the pumkin some.

Here is a shot with my trackbar in place:

frontend1.jpg

Basically it mounts on the front of the axle tube infront of the spring perche.

No there LP

Back