• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

drive shaft cut for d44 from d35

h.curtis

NAXJA Forum User
I have a d35 and an RE 5.5 lift and will be putting in my d44 today. Can't remember how much I need to cut my driveshaft down. It is a rubicon shaft that I bought for this lift. Anyone know?

Curt

Isn't the D44 an LP just like the D35?? I say put it on and take a look at things.... It all depends how long your driveshaft is in relation to the "static" position of your vehicle and how much travel you get. One way to do it, would be to measure the "used" (polished shiny silver) part of the slip with the D35 in place and then put on the D44 and masure where the movement of the rear end would take you on the shaft. If your shaft from RE is anything like mine is, it is most slightly likely shorter then it should be and you will be fine (to their credit, they are sending me a longer replacement after 6 months when I realized that the shaft is wee bit on the short side...)

I've had two stock 87 XJ's with the same 4.0's, AW4's, and 231's, one with the D44 and one with the D35. The drive shafts measured 29 3/4" and 30 1/4" cap to cap respectively. And somewhere I read, not from a forum, that the D44 has a 5/8's longer pinion snout.

thanks guys. I got it in and it is good. I for some reason thought I would need to cut it. Good shape.

Curt

Back