• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Line-X interior??

kevinmerritt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a '91 XJ and the head liner is falling down. I am fixing to lift it and turn it into a daily driver with some serious fun potential. I an wanting to know if it is possible to spray the entire interior, floor to headliner, with Line-X or a similair product?

If I did this how hot would it make the inside, how much extra noise would be blocked or heard, and how well will it hold up?

Thanks for any help, and God Bless!!

Kevin Merritt

You can either herculine it... or linex it or something like that, but expect less temp protectoin and more noise. Btw, if you are a member we have two articles that you can read htat might be useful for you. One deals with herculining the interior and the other one talks about repairing the headliner on your won...

http://www.naxja.org/techArticles.html

Haha, my article is in there and I didn't even know it.
It's been about a year since I wrote it and I have definitely changed my opinion of applying it.

I herculined my interior, and if I could go back, I wouldn't do it again. For starters, its alot louder. Second, if you're keeping stock interior items like the center console for example, there are big gaps between the floorboard and the bottom of the console, because once you rip the carpet out you lose about 2" of thickness that was there before. You might think it's easier to clean with the bedliner down, it's not. Even with drain plugs clean up becomes a real choir, expect to get down on hands and knees and scrub. As for heat, I wouldn't say it's that much hotter since the XJ still has a roof, but you can feel the heat of the tranny alot easier.

If I drove a CJ/Wrangler/chopped the top off the XJ, the herculiner would make more sense. But for a daily driver, I wouldn't recommend it.

If I could go back, I would've just bought some Husky Liner floormats. IMHO.

Last edited:
Back