• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Thoughts on Bridgestone Revo's ??

sciotojeeper

NAXJA Forum User
I would just like to get some input from those who have, or have had Bridgestone's Revo AT tires. Are they any good on moderately off-road conditions? How are they on snow and ice? Do they wear well? Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

sciotojeeper said:
I would just like to get some input from those who have, or have had Bridgestone's Revo AT tires. Are they any good on moderately off-road conditions? How are they on snow and ice? Do they wear well? Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi,

I recently purchased a comlplete set of AT Revos. I must say that they are absolutely fantastic tires in bad weather conditions. I live in southeastern NY state and winter has set in early here. I have been out in both Nor'easters with my tires and have nothing but praise. One of those episodes includes a trip home over 160 miles from central PA in the teeth of a big snowstorm without missing a beat. I replaced the OEM Goodyears about 7500 miles ago and its the best thing I ever did. They seem to be wearing well, I will be rotating them very soon. They carry a 50k treadwear warranty. They also have exceptional wet traction for rainy conditions as well. While I have yet to take them into off raod conditions I have complete confidence that the performance will be nothing less than fantastic. Hope this helps!!!

sciotojeeper said:

One more thing, I noticed about a 2mpg drop in fuel economy, because I keep my Cheorkee in good state of tuning I figure it might be the increased rolling resistance of these tires over the OEM Goodyear RT-S I removed. I plan to have the vehicle tuned again soon so the jury is still out on whether this drop is completely due to the tires. Regardless, I am very happy with their performance and make the recommendation with complete confidence.

C

I've been reading good things about these tires. I'm just wondering if they're overkill for my needs, which is basically lowmileage, all on-road driving :(
Need good snow/rain traction. A set runs about $500 here. And I've got 52k miles on a stock '96.

And would 235/75/15 be the way to go, or stick with the 225 OEM?

Thanks all! :D

jeepgal said:
I've been reading good things about these tires. I'm just wondering if they're overkill for my needs, which is basically lowmileage, all on-road driving :(
Need good snow/rain traction. A set runs about $500 here. And I've got 52k miles on a stock '96.

And would 235/75/15 be the way to go, or stick with the 225 OEM?
Thanks all! :D

235's are no problem - 30 x 9.5's would probably fly no sweat though the REVO's "==look==" a bit larger than std 30 x 9.5's. I ran 30 x 9.5's on my old saggin' stock suspension for a long time but not REVO's - should have no issues other than minor control arm rubbing at full steering wheel lock.

Having said that - we have a set of REVO's on my son's XJ and they're even better than what the other posts say. He's only had them on for about 500 miles & I'm impressed with them.

They'll be fantastic all around tires and have some extra bite for any off-roading ya may do later. My old Bridgestone AT's wore exceptionally well and I expect these will too.

Overkill? Maybe if ya just want good street tires - there are other choices out there for less $. Many tire places will roll ya out the door for about 1/2 that on generic brand tires.

jeepgal said:
what would be good street tires for snow/rain/highway?

du_winter_sport_m2.jpg
bs_winter_dueler.jpg
mi_arctic_alpin.jpg

Back