• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Missing Link shackles??

CDNGUY

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the midst of doing a 2'' lift on my XJ and I have finished the front and and almost finished the rear. I was talking to a friend a mind, who rockcrawls fairly crazily, about articulation and he suggested fabricating missing link shackles. The only thing is that he wasn't sure how exactly to build them since he isn't a XJer. Now I was searching the forums and I found nothing on them, does nobody use them or are they called something different? If anybody knows what I'm ramblng about and has any advise/pics/plans and could help me out that would be great.

Missing link's are very popular on Zuki's, never seen them on anything else. I see lots of Yota's running dual shackle's, you might want to look into Revolvers.

Ive havent heard of those,but heres a pic of Revolvers and of my Scissors!
129.jpg

s2.jpg

Yes the scissor shackles are what I'm after. Do they preform good? How are those build? Do they just use stock shackles? Are they somewhat simple to make?

I built them right after my first lift(3") and loved them.Yes they are made from stock shackles,you can make them easy if you do the math(you just need to know what open/closed length you want and adjust the upper/lower shackle lengths to fit).I ended up taking them off when I lifted again and needed a longer "closed" length(didnt have time to fab a new set).
s1.jpg

This is the missing link set up on a Zuki...

zuklink2.JPG

Back