• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dodge Raider

J Koch

NAXJA Forum User
OK, got a buddy with a Raider that has a blown motor. Starting an engine swap soon, and he want to have a decent trail rig that will stuff 33's. Looking into a solid front axle swap with a spring over in the rear. Anyone have any idea how strong the stock rear, tranny, X-case, etc... are? Any leads on this info? I know 4x4wire had some, but cant seem to get to their site lately.

Check 4x4wire again, it's back up. I had an 89 V6 5sp Raider before I got my XJ. It was quite a capable wheeler despite it's IFS. I know of people that have 33s with no suspension mods. I would be great to see his project once he's done. The guys in the Mitsu forum @ 4x4wire are a wealth of knowledge. He should contact them.:D

I'll try over there again. I've seen that you can fit them without too much work, but we both don't really care too much for the idea of cranking the torsion bars.

raider

brother-in-law and I are planning a solid axle front and springover rear and hopefully Vortec v-6. he had lots of info on hi raider which is a very capable little 4x4. keep us posted and Ill keep you posted, john

Cool. I'll keep updates going and even try a writeup if anyone is interested. Want to go ahead and get this started as he really misses it.

How'd his engine go? A friend of mine had a 4-banger Dodge Raider that blew the rear freeze plug from the head. They had the head planed and rebuilt then put it back together. He drove about 20 miles to his uncles house and the car overheated, obvioulsly ruining the oil. Two days later the engine seized. Had to rebuild the whole thing. Turns out the original problem was a clogged radiator.

His engine went by him being an idiot :rolleyes: He found out if you downshifted about two gears and dropped the clutch you could get it to do a compression skid. Did that a few times. The the final time he was on the hiway mad at something and accidentally (so he says) shifted from fifth to I think second. Ended up putting a rod through the block.

Tell me youre kidding.
He does this shit on a highway?
Bad enough being a dipshit in your own backyard.
Far, far worse doing it where you can harm others who are minding their own business and not operating their vehicles with their brain disengaged.
People like this shouldn't be allowed on the road.
Shame he didn't take himself out of the game in the process.
I believe it's called thinning the herd.

bgcntry72 said:
I believe it's called thinning the herd.

Thinning the herd is when you kill yourself.

It's pretty difficult to drop from 5th to 2nd "by accident." However, dropping from 5th to 2nd and popping the clutch is a great way to give someone a "brake job" without having your brake lights light up, if you want to scare the cr@p out of someone. Dollars to donuts that's what he did, and he's paying the price.

I agree -- that kind of stunt does not belong on public roads and should not be encouraged or tolerated.

Yeah, I know its a bull excuse. I gave him a new one for it myself, don't know about the rest of my friends. I don't condone any behavior like that and I'm very happy nobody got hurt. Don't know what to say otherwise.

Eagle...........I know very well what 'thinning the herd' is. That is why I said it's a shame he didn't off himself in the process.
:next:

Back