• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 and peeling cover questions

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, I have a Chry 8.25 and I think I need to address the issue of the easily pealable cover (the lip sticks out tooo much).... now at this point I have already mangled one edge a bit, but it still seals.

So... without investing too much money into it, what are my options? What about one of those ring protector thingies that go around the cover? Can I trim the lip when I use one of those? Any cheap alternatives? This is something just to get me by till I finish my D44... I know that I could theoretically carry a spare cover with me, but on the other hand, I don't want to dump oil all over the trail when the one that's on gets pealed off...

grind off the edge so it does not have that lip that is perpendicular to the machined part that the gasket seals too. Its a simple trick that is very effective, I peeled back my 8.8 cover and on the next cover I just ground the edge down and it works great.

Back